Ok, so everyone has a life story, a setting, and a crazy-ass cast of characters. First of all I'd like to say EVERY NAME OR PLACE is a pseudonym, so if you have any Isla Roses, Ellie Walters etc. It's NOT who I'm talking about! (that is, unless I have a clone going under cover) But all incidents are true.
I am 13, old for my years, and suffering through middle school. What I am doing may seem juvinile and hypocritical, but I have ti do something before I start losing my mind.
I was born and raised in Pines, Oregon, a stylish, expensive tourist town; POP. 22,000. It's an artsy-fartsy place where 1/2 of the population are pot-smoking hippies and self decided hobos, and the other 1/2 are really well off, and like to pretend the hippies and hobos don't exist.
This is called writers voice. My teacher, Anne, talks about it all the time, and although all that I just said there was true, Pines is a great town, and I'm glad I live here.
In Isla Rose's life, the cast of characters is HUGE and cannot be described quickly, so I'll give a few bios for now, of my family and favorite people.
Mother: Jackie
I got over the whole "My Mother is SO embarrassing" stage about a year ago, and so now my mother is my great friend. She's the best mum ever and always listens, never judges. She's also british, which is cool.
Father: Henry
My dad is pretty cool also, but I get is more arguments with him than my mum. He plays in a band called _________ (I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you). He's nice, outdoorsy, and has a million jobs.
Brother: Dashiell
One word- confusing. Sometimes I have SO much fun with my 11-(almost 12)year old brother. Sometimes I hate him more than anything. He has messy, dirty blond hair, bright green eyes, and enjoys soccer and basketball. In highschool the girls are gonna be all over him.
Alex
My most mature friend. Like, hugs her mom in public, is smart with some deep ideas, but knows how to just be a kid as well. She's oober tall with short, shaggy, light blond hair, and a good taste in clothes and indy- music.
Sarah and Amanda
The Japanese twins. Amanda is outgoing and funny, and Sarah's more quiet and artistic. Theyre never lonely cause they have eachother, and I'm dead jealous of them.
Lela
Popular, but with less drama. She's VERY pretty, medium height, athletic, with olive skin and thick black ringlets which she (tragically) straightens. She's funny and all around nice.
Olivia
Down to earth and popular, but in a completely different way than Lela is. People just gravitate towards her. She's tall, skinny, a brilliant dancer wth long brown hair and a nice, normal face.
Me? I'm introverted, creative, a little awkward, and I love to act like a kid. I'm normal height with wavy strawberry hair, big feet and little shoulders.
Write later.
--Isla
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment